Pre Ironman Canada: Day 4 Saturday

After I went over the bags over and over again, I was ready to turn in the swim to bike and bike to run bags.
The left side is my run stuff, the right is my bike stuff.
I think I was pretty low maintenance. Sarah, Eric and I went around to go through each other's bags. Just in case, we missed something. We went to the transition area to drop off the bike and these two bags. The transition area was big as I expected. There were 2,600 plus bikes. I found my spot. It was the end of rack.
I covered my aero bottle with a plastic bag. Just in case, it rained overnight.
I deflated the tires a bit to avoid flats in the morning. I then dropped off the swim to bike bag. I put pink duck tape on the bag, so it was easier to spot.
Don't they look like a grave yard?
Bike to Run bags
I memorized my spots. I used trees, memorial stone and brick path to remember where I put them. The changing tents looked pretty small. Hopefully it wasn't too full when I got there tomorrow.

The buoys that marked the swim course were in the transition area. By tomorrow morning, they were out in the water marking the 2.4 mile swim. 
Swim buoys. The white ones were the turning buoys.



After I went through the transition area twice, we walked back to the hotel passed the finishing chutes and took some pictures.




0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Iron Little. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.