Pre Ironman Canada: Day 3 Friday

Last night before I went to bed, the wind picked up again, white caps on the lake. Since it happened the night we got here and the wind died down in the morning, I wasn't concerned. But when the wind didn't die down for the whole morning, I was really concerned. It stressed me out. It was a perfect time to open Elishia's pick-me-up card.


My favorite is "the bears are hunting the slow runners"
I was confused at first, why the handwriting was all different. I then realized they were written by coworkers from my old department. That was so sweet. I also got a gift bag with a bunch of goodies from REI and a good-luck card from my department. I wasn't expecting that at all.

To kill time and to keep my mind off the wind, I started packing my bags. Ironman was a complicated race. Each athlete was given 5 bags. Green morning clothes gear bag was for storing the clothes after putting the wetsuit on. I put wetsuit, goggles, gel and water bottle. I would not see the bag until after the race was done. Blue swim to bike bag was for helmet, bike shoes, bike shorts and top and nutrition for the bike. I will get this bag after completing the swim. Orange special need bike bag could be picked up at mile 72 on the bike course. I would put two bottles of nutrition, a PB&J sandwich and a couple of gel packs. Red bike to run bag was for my run top, shorts, shoes, visor and nutrition. I would get this after completing the bike. Yellow special need run was at mile 13 on the run. I put extra socks, body glide, Tylenol and a PB&J sandwich. I put pink duck tape along the sides, so they were easy to spot. We had to turn in the swim to bike and bike to run bags tomorrow, a day before the race. The special need bags were to be dropped off the morning of the race.
That night was the athlete's welcome dinner.

I forgot... We also did the shake down ride in the morning. Cold and windy.

Matching bikes and kit with Susan
Ride on the run course. Skaha Lake in the background.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Iron Little. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.