The Countdown Begins!

When I go on a trip, I always pack at the last minute. One or two days before gave me plenty of time to pack. This rule didn't apply to the Ironman trip. Even though I won't fly out until Wednesday morning, I had to ship the bike a week prior. I also signed up to transport a bike bag for $30. It's worth it. Sarah made a great suggestion. She said not to put anything that I can't afford to lose in that bag. I need to carry them in the carry on. I started making a list of things that I need to bring with me. It's a lot... the list keeps growing and growing. On Sunday, Elishia volunteered to come over to help.. Oh wait, actually I asked her to come over and help. I bribed her with Thai food take out :) I was a little stressed out... A few problems at the office added to my Ironman stress. I ran a couple of errands at the last minute. Finally I packed the bag that I needed to drop off with my bike.
Tribike Transport Bag
On Wednesday, I went to Cadence Bikes to drop off my bike and the bag. I met Cecil, he's 63 years young. IM Canada is going to be his 14th IM. He did IM Canada 5 years ago. He didn't have anything bad to say about the race. I also met another racer. She walked in with her bike. It was a burnt orange Felt, an older model. I said to her that I almost bought a bike like that from Craig's List. She said, that was where she bought it from two years ago. Funny, it was actually the same exact bike. It was the same size. I remember the bike had upgraded wheels. Everything happened for a reason. My hesitation was that bike had an aluminum frame, and I wanted carbon. I was glad I made that decision. Carbon was a lot more comfortable.
Bye Bye Bike and Bag! Arrive safely and timely in Penticton.
We had brunch on Sunday.
Look at how many plates Eric and Sarah cleaned up!

I've never seen Susan smiled this big.
After brunch, I went home and did more packing. This time is the carry on.
 
Irreplaceable Stuff in the Carry-on Bag
Yes... you see two Garmin's. I borrowed Elishia's Garmin. The battery life is not long enough unless I finish the race in 8 hours.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Iron Little. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.